Sepia Saturday - Singing Beach



Photo: CrazyasaCoolFox
Many folks have asked me about the beach scene on this blog's "summer" banner. The scene is a photo I shot with a 35mm Nikon film camera I had back in 2006. It was one of the last photos I shot with this camera before switching over to the digital. Of course the fox is photoshop into the photo. He does not live at Singing Beach but I'm sure he wished he did.  I have used him in other banners. He actually lives on Mount Washington, New Hampshire.

The location is Singing Beach, Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts. It's a beautiful quiet beach on an early autumn day. It's very busy as you might imagine during the summer.

Singing Beach was named  for the sound the sand makes as you take a step. There is some special quality about it that when you walk it makes strange humming, or "whoosh" sound. I tried to make a video of it but the microphone on my camera just can't pick up that sound. There is to much background noise from the ocean waves. It's something one has to experience for themselves. You can actually feel the vibration of the sound on your bare feet.

It's a fun and beautiful place. Have a look at this video I found on Youtube:



Sing your way on over to other fine Sepia Saturday posts by clicking here.
Enhanced by Zemanta
10 comments

Popular Posts!

Hard Head or Hard Ice?

Sepia Saturday - Clam Town

Sepia Saturday - Donkey Piggy Back