Sepia Saturday - Tonsils and Adenoids

Being from Salisbury I should know where this was located but it was gone by the time I came into the world. I suspect it was near the mouth of the Merrimack River on property that is now a state reservation. There was an identical Coast Guard station a few miles south on Plum Island that I remember but that is gone now too. 

There also was a Coast Guard station across the river at the mouth of the Merrimack. It had a separate tower as seen here but not a tower on the main building. That is gone now too! The Coast Guard retreated up river to a new facility after their's was knocked down in a horrible blizzard.

But all is well with Alice's family vacationing at Salisbury Beach, as Paul had his tonsils and adenoids out, again! The word Cushing, on the postmark, was another name for Salisbury Beach.

Click any pic to magnify
You can have your tonsils and adenoids out by reading more cool Sepia Saturday posts. Just click here.
I remember eating lots of ice cream when I had my tonsils and adenoids out. :)
Posted by Picasa
9 comments

Popular Posts!

Sepia Saturday - Clam Town

Working Women

Sepia Saturday - Donkey Piggy Back