Best of 2012 for Thursday Challenge

friendship of salem with peacemaker
Photo: CrazyasaCoolFox
(click to enlarge)

For this week's theme we have been given the challenge to go through our Thursday Challenge posts to pick the best one. I chose this black and white to be the best of my original Thursday photos. The theme that week was "feelings."

I entitled this "Mystery, Friendship and Peace." It was a foggy dreary day in Salem on the harbor. The water was calm. I had taken many shots that autumn morning that were foggy. This one stood out to me.

First off it's unusual to see a visiting ship in the same berth as "Friendship of Salem." The photo was in color but I processed it to black and white and made a vignette style frame around it. This gave it a "mysterious feeling." The ships themselves are named "Friendship of Salem," (left) and "Peacemaker." Thus the origin of the title.







Thursday Challenge is a weekly thematic collaboration of bloggers. 
To find more Best of 2012 photos from other Thursday Challenge bloggers
and photographers, click here.
1 comment

Popular Posts!

Hard Head or Hard Ice?

Sepia Saturday - Clam Town

Sepia Saturday - Donkey Piggy Back