Horse Hair II

If this post looks familiar to some of you, it's not deja vu, it's a repost. It was last posted March 9, 2012 and coincidently the Sepia Saturday prompt must have had some hair in it. When I saw this week's prompt I had to bring this photo out again. It's good for a laugh at least! :)

This photo shows myself and my friend "Old Blue" in 1979. (I'm the hairy one on the right) At the time I was attending West Virginia Wesleyan College and very far from my New England home. The friends I made there took me in as though I were one of their own family.

One of my fraternity brothers, Benji,  lived off campus at his home in the very rural City of Buckhannon, in Upshur County. His family kept horses and when I visited we would go riding through the many trails behind the ranch. "Old Blue" was my favorite horse and the feeling was mutual.

horse, blue, west virginia, wesleyan, buckhannon
Photo: Doug Peabody
Every time she saw me approaching she would come galloping across the fields to say "hello" to me. Of course I had an apple for her each time I visited. As I was a novice at horseback riding Benji let me ride "Old Blue" saying she was the gentlest of all their horses. She was exactly that.

But this week's theme has hair. Does this photo meet those standards?

For many more hairy posts click here for Sepia Saturday.
sepiasaturday.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Popular Posts!

Sepia Saturday - Clam Town

Sepia Saturday - Donkey Piggy Back

Working Women